Other community projects in phone boxes
BT’s Adopt-a-Kiosk scheme has been widely taken up, so not surprisingly there are some great projects.
We regularly come across, or are contacted by, other communities and groups setting up exciting projects in disused phone boxes acquired from BT. Some of them are listed below. Please contact us if you can help add to the list!
- The Red Cube gallery at Much Hadham, curated by the Henry Moore Foundation – visit
- Ruscomb in Gloucestershire opened a gallery in 2012 – visit
- The Community Heartbeat Trust are encouraging communities to use their phone boxes to install defibrillators – visit
- Little Eaton in Derbyshire are using their phone boxes for a book exchange and an ‘art box’ – visit
- Other uses include libraries, information centres and many others. A feature on Countryfile covered some of these – visit
- The BT Adopt-a-Kiosk site features some of the others – visit
If you are planning a project and would like advice, please feel free to get in touch.
In the mean time, if you have come across anything like the Gallery On The Green then please let us know. You can do this by contacting the curator or using the details here.